Damage from fire, flood, or other natural disasters can wreak havoc on furniture, and other valuable household items. No need to fret, Storage Hero is on its way! Here at Larsen Transfer, we deliver mobile storage solutions to emergency restoration contractors to keep their customer valuables safe from damage and deterioration.
This winter, companies like Servpro, Northwest Restoration, and Dura-Shine Clean have seen a sharp increase in flooding caused by the bursting of frozen pipes. According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Security, frozen pipes are one of the biggest risks of property damage when temperatures drop during wintertime. It’s also an inconvenient and unpleasant experience.
Emergency restoration contractors and insurers know they can count on us to quickly deliver an onsite storage container to their client site when flooding occurs. We practice urgency in finding the right mobile storage solution to meet their needs. Our onsite storage containers provide immediate, and flexible solutions to protect salvaged household items. Contractors, insurance agencies, restoration company, or victims of a flood, fire or natural disaster depend on our onsite storage containers to safeguard their belongings while home is under repair. They are placed curbside, or on the sidewalk for ultimate access and convenience.
What to do in case of frozen pipes
But, what should be done before your emergency restoration contractor arrives? We believe in equipping our clients with useful information to get the most out of our service. Whether you’re a homeowner, or a restoration professional, following these useful tips can help you minimize the damage from flooding.
- First, shut off your home’s main water supply. Also, depending on the damage and location, it may be a safe practice to turn off the electricity in your home. Avoid using electrical appliances to prevent electrocution
- Secure your belongings by moving household items to a safe location. Water may seem harmless, but it can cause damage to upholstery, carpets, and fabrics.
- Place pieces of cardboard or aluminum under wooden furniture legs to prevent wood stains from ruining the carpet.
- Remove area rugs as soon as possible to prevent rug dyes from staining your flooring or solid wood floors.
- Act quickly to get water out, this helps you save more of your belongings and minimizes repair expenses.
Share these valuable tips with friends, family, and customers. We would also love to hear your stories of what steps you took to minimize damage from flooding.
For more information or if you need to rent a portable storage solution right away, call Larsen Transfer, our number is (509) 943-9139. Larsen Transfer is a family-owned and operated moving and storage company, servicing Richland, Kennewick, Richland, WA, and Pendleton, OR.
As we are also an agent for United, we have the capability to take care of all your moving and logistical needs. Trust Larsen Transfer – the industry leader – to make your next move happen seamlessly!